Manage flow of parts and materials from reception through dispatching to field/customer, and any reverse logistics required.
Ensure inventory accuracy (good inventory and defective open material awaiting return).
Provide guidance for logistics/transportation activities to ensure customer demand/requirements are met.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Achieve OTD through effective warehouse and distribution center planning. Ensure availability in appropriate stocking locations
- Manage storage/stocking levels to ensure appropriate flow of material, avoiding excess, slow/no turning material when possible
- When necessary, organize transportation activities, from point of origin to delivery, and arranging for services
- Coordinate and track goods movement, to quickly identify mis shipments or lost material/parts
- For material that will require rework/repair, foster and drive importance of reverse logistics
- Liaise with trade compliance regarding export related issues (export/import blocks)
- Help facilitate annual inventory counts and processes
- Identify and help implement improvements to drive cost and inefficiencies out.
- Provide guidance and direction to customer/field service if/when required material is not available, as well as when possible, provide alternate part/material options.
- Engage with other teams/Org as necessary: 3PL, tech support, procurement and/or sourcing
Specific Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain and 4-8 years of experience
- Ability to learn and adapt to various ERP and/or planning systems
- Managing/handling dangerous goods experience
- Energetic, people-oriented person that can foster cooperation and results
- Self-motivated, pro-activate and attention to details
- Great time management skills, work well with deadlines and understands logistics
- Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) efficiency
- APICS certification desired, specifically CLTD
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Certification
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.