The Business Development organization of Leidos is seeking an Executive Assistant who will provide support to the Sr. Vice President of Capture Operations & Excellence in our Reston, VA Headquarters. The candidate will perform a broad range of administrative tasks, to include but not limited to:
- Managing scheduling, preparing research and correspondence, coordinating meeting logistics, preparing expense reports, and coordinating travel
- Manage multiple and competing requirements with efficiency, attention to prioritization, detail orientation, and execution
- Prioritize and carry out special projects and complex assignments as needed, exercising frequent independent judgment, initiative, and tact
- Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on matters concerning several groups, functional areas, line organizations, customers, and other outside entities
- This is a highly visible position in a fast-paced environment that demands a high degree of professionalism, sense of urgency, pro-active spirit, polish, and diplomacy.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Requires 3-5 years of administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature at a senior level. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration in a related field preferred; four additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess an upbeat, positive, outgoing and personable demeanor with an ability to interact and work well with both external and internal contacts at all levels, up to and including Corporate and Line Customers.
- Must be able to work effectively with key administrative personnel across the enterprise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, sound decision-making and prioritization ability, and attention to detail are critical.
- Must have excellent calendar management skills including the ability to coordinate complex meetings. Must have a mastery of Microsoft Outlook.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with an ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Must be able to provide in person support 4-5 days/week.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.