Leidos is seeking Network Engineers with TS/SCI poly to work on a government (IT) contract in the Chantilly, VA, area. The Network Engineer will provide cradle to grave support to a mission critical project. The selected candidate will maintain the network hardware and software as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users; and perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability. Tasks may include: participate in the development of new network designs, assess network management architecture, document the architecture, develop test plans, and conduct the testing effort.
Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
- Design, Install, Configure and support the customers data systems
- Maintain the network hardware and software as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users
- Perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Utilizion of various data sources will be necessary to fully understand the issues and inform the solution, have skillsets in network monitoring tools and deep analysis of network data
- Evaluate network service requests and validate/triage inquiries
- Analyze existing and future network infrastructure and services requirements
- Network hardware and software testing, implementation, integration, and management
- Create and update network infrastructure documentation
- Assist with the development of network architecture and roadmaps
- Support network refresh efforts
- Network troubleshooting (Tier 3 & 4 level support)
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Typically requires BS and 4 - 6 years of prior relevant experience or additional relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Experience with networks and secure communications.
Knowledge of Routing and Switching systems (Cisco & Juniper)
Hands on experience with firewalls
Hands on experience establishing and troubleshooting VPNs
Hands on experience and demonstrated understanding of VMWare
Hands on experience and demonstrated understanding of IPv6 Networks
Experience with network performance optimization.
Knowledge of data center networking.
Experience with network design, network architecture, and creating network documentation.
Experience coding in scripting languages (Bash, Python, and/or PowerShell)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing & Switching
Amazon Web Service (AWS) Solutions Architect
VMware Certified Professional
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.