Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer with TS/SCI poly to work on a government (IT) contract in the Chantilly, VA, area. Candidate will be responsible for ensuring the security of critical computer systems and networks. The ideal candidate would have a solid understanding of cyber security methods and engineering best practices. Must be able to manage incident handling, incident analysis, processes/methodologies, and the development of best practices. Must have a strong understanding of adversary processes/methodologies/TTP to include emerging threats, and the ability to develop signatures and countermeasures.
- Review and ensure compliance with customer security policies and requirements
- Conduct reviews of vulnerability and generic security scan results of both systems and networks to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Analyze and recommend measures to mitigate network-related risks
- Develop security policies to address unauthorized access and malicious code insertion
- Review new and existing system and network designs for compliance with security standards and best practices
- Participate in vulnerability assessments on new and existing systems/networks
- Provide support for security related issues
- Participate in forensic analysis in response to system/network vulnerabilities
- Provide architectural and technical guidance and recommendations for maintaining the security of systems and networks
- Verify and validate securing and hardening measures
- Ensure all systems/networks conform to security policies, standards, and best practices
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Information Technology or related technical discipline and 6+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience implementing advanced cyber security methods to systems and networks in a complex environment
- Experience with Juniper and Cisco based networks.
- Experience working in Linux-based environments
- Understanding of networking environments to include IPv6 networking technologies (routing, switching, VLANs, subnets, firewalls); TCP/IP stacks; common networking protocols; and common enterprise technologies
- Knowledge of ICD-503 security model
- Experience at a Senior level documenting the body of evidence to support security review and accreditation to include system security plans, configuration management plans, standard operating procedures, and TEM documentation
- Understanding of IT security principals, technologies, and best practices to include access control; PKI and other encryption methods; network-based and host-based IDS/IPS; security configuration baselines (STIG, CIS, FISMA); auditing; vulnerability discovery and management, and computer logs
- Ability to work independently to identify errors, pinpoint root causes, document cause and effect, and devise solutions with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated experience in testing and implementing network vulnerability and protection methods
- Senior-level knowledge of information security concepts, policy frameworks, and best commercial practices
- Experience with security scanning and evaluation tools (Nessus, Retina, Wireshark, NMAP, EnCASE, etc.)
- Information Assurance Certifications (i.e. CISSP, CISA, GIAC, Security +, Certified Ethnical Hacker, etc.)
- JNCIA or JNCIP certification (Juniper)
- PCNSE certification (Palo Alto)
- RHCE certification (Red Hat)
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating system variants
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.