Leidos is seeking to hire a Cyber Security Engineer Lead to provide support to the Department of Transportation's Enterprise IT Infrastructure environment. Our work will assist with the management of IT services for the Chief Information Officer (CIO) including: Service Desk, Incident Management, Customer Service Operations, Database Administration, Telephone & Conference Call Services, Desktop Support, Mobile Device Support, and Remote Access Support. This position provides technical leadership for the Security Operations Center (SOC) team at the Department of Transportation (DoT) Enterprise Information Technology Support Services (EITSS) program.
· Communicate and ensure compliance with NIST Cyber Security and Risk Management Framework to ensure accreditation, confidentiality, availability and integrity of information systems.
· Provide strategic and tactical security guidance for IT Security projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
· Direct and manage IT Security Incident identification and response efforts.
· Monitor and administer Enterprise IT Security policies, maintain IT Security procedures, daily operating checklist, drive process improvements, and continuous security monitoring.
· Manage the day-to-day Cyber Security activities of threat and vulnerability management, security awareness, identify risk tolerances, recommend treatment plans and communicate information about residual risk including vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, and insider threats.
· Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field.
· Proficiency in process of gathering analyzing and assessing the current and future threat landscape, performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments, and in defining remediation and treatment strategies.
· 8+ years of certification & accreditation experience with NIST Cyber Security framework.
· 8+ years Security Testing & Evaluation auditing, risk assessment, policy and procedure development.
· 8+ years in Government contracting environment.
· Strong leadership skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the Infrastructure and Applications teams, establish direction, foster teamwork, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, encourage dialogue, and encourage improvement and innovation.
· CISSP (REQUIRED---- Will NOT be considered with the full cert) Skills preferred: BS, in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field ITIL v3 foundation certification CISM
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.