The Leidos National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC) is looking for a Senior Database Architect to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The NISC provides critical professional, technical, and planning assistance to organizations supporting the National Airspace Systems (NAS) as well as organizations tasked with the planning, development, and integration of Next Generation (NextGen) transportation system into the current NAS.
- Analyze the business needs of clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose solutions.
- Achieve organizational goals by defining, integrating and upgrading a comprehensive architecture to support applications, platforms and databases.
- Determine the structural requirements, design, create and implement database systems based on the end user's requirements.
- Responsible for effectively communicating and collaborating with the internal technical team members on a day to day basis and relevant business stakeholders.
- Support the DB design, development, implementation, data flow, and, analysis activities like ad-hoc reporting.
- Lead and manage works of other technical staff that has significant impact on product results/outputs.
- Identify and prioritize technical tasks per business needs.
- Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualization, reasoning and interpretation.
- Develop solutions that are highly innovate, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Direct the development of complex systems using queries, table(s), Open DB connectivity and DB storage using SQL server and Oracle DB.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Create Physical Data Model (PDM) and Logical Data Model (PDM) of multiple systems
- Develop best practices for database design and development activities
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Ensure the data quality and integrity in databases. Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security.
- Confirms architecture capability and flexibility to support high availability web applications by developing analytical models and completing validation tests.
- Troubleshoots and finds solutions for application issues that affect data storage as they arise. Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Communicates technology needs and strategies to the executive team.
- Ensures adherence to federal government guidelines for technological systems and safeguarding of data.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree with 12-15 years of experience or Master’s Degree with 10-13 year of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Proven experience with definition, design, structure, documentation, upgrades, long range requirements, operational guidelines and protection of DBMS.
- Must have experience as a DBA or similar role to include tasks such as data migration, backup and recovery, performance tuning and optimization, understanding of DB structure to make necessary data changes, prepare ad-hoc reports via SQL per business needs, issue investigation and resolution.
- Must have experience using SQL server and Oracle.
- People skills, with the ability to engage diplomatically with stakeholders and communicate changes that may not be aligned with the original expectations
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
- Proven leadership skills, independent worker, and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision.
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
- Must be flexible to adopt and adhere to better practices.
- Must have strong communication , analysis, prioritization and interpersonal skills
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
- Able to successfully handle customers’ expectations. Demonstrated customer-facing stance.
- Experience with conducting research on specified topics, determining conclusions, and presenting the results in a logical and concise manner.
- Working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Experience using SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Oracle or SQL Server DB Admin Certification(s) is a plus
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
Note: The candidate will be working remote full-time due to the current COVID situation and will be expected to report in Washington DC office minimum 2 days/wk in future. The candidate should be flexible to attend in person meetings with the customer when needed.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.