The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation has an opening or an x86 System Administrator to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
- Support enterprise hosting technologies to include Vmware and public cloud AWS.
- Ability to administer Windows and Red Hat Linux O/S.
- Respond quickly and collaborate with team for all operational issues.
- Quickly adapt, maintain and support as well as train operational staff on new engineering technologies emerging from Cloud Engineering team.
- Collaborate in weekly meetings with Cloud engineering team, take action and provide status updates on ongoing operational projects.
- Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Experience with VMware technologies: Vsphere, Vcenter, Windows and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience maintaining security, patching and servicing O/S agents via Ansible, Bigfix or WSUS.
- Experience supporting highly available Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure based on industry best practices and the AWS well architected framework.
- Experience working with AWS programmatically via the CLI, Tools, or SDK.
- Experience maintaining Disaster Recovery infrastructure to include Cloud based workloads.
- Experience with configuration management of Cloud based resources.
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals.
- Ability to write script in an Administrative Language (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, or Shell).
- Ability to work and manage project independently.
- Ability to train other staff members on latest technologies.
- Good – Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Cloud and Devops tools knowledge a plus.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot x86 workloads (Wintel and RHEL)
- Ability to create powershell scripts for custom operational needs
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Red Hat Linux
- Microsoft certifications
- Vmware certification
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Ability to obtain a Public trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.