Project Managers on the Origin program are responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. Duties include ensuring that all programs run within scope, time and budget constraints. The PM must have experience running multiple projects to Customer satisfaction in a fast paced, highly dynamic IT environment. The PM will have flexibility and professionalism when interfacing with multiple levels of Customers with evolving and competing priorities. The manager must provide the leadership and have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to lead, direct and manage multiple dynamic end users.
This position is in McLean.
*As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening.
• Providing day-to-day oversight of multiple projects
• Cost, schedule, and performance responsibility for simultaneous projects ranging from small to large and complex
• Demonstrating exceptional project management skills to include risk mitigation strategies, financial management, and stakeholder analysis
• MS Project experience, Cost management experience: ETC, EAC reporting
• Serving as the primary focal point for the customer regarding new engineering requirements and the status
• Presenting weekly and monthly status to include financials, risk and mitigations, schedules, and other ad-hoc information requested by the customer
• Coordinating the development and implementation of budgetary briefings and ad-hoc reporting requests that are deliverable directly to the customer
• Driving process improvements and innovation within the project teams
• Fostering a diverse and inclusive environment
• Requires a Bachelor's Degree and at 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with minimum 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
• Must have 2+ years with project management in a technical environment
• Must be able to communicate with multiple levels of leadership and team members
• Must have experience with cost management and reporting
• PMP certification or equivalent, Experience as a Cost Account Manager (CAM) or CLIN manager,
• Prior managerial experience within an IT environment
• Experience in Agile development (e.g. Scrum) or equivalent
• Experience in IT or equivalent environment
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.