Leidos Engineering is seeking a Distribution Planning and Analysis Engineer to join our distribution planning team in our Hendersonville TN office. It is expected that this role will involve the execution of distribution planning, distributed energy resource (DER) interconnection impact, arc flash and coordination studies, distribution and transmission protection, self-healing systems as project and client needs dictate. Studies are conducted for Municipal Utilities, Investor Owned Utilities, and electric system cooperatives. The position will involve some degree of client facing work, with some business development activities to be expected. The growth potential of this position is significant for the right candidate.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Interface with local clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Strategic Development
- Expanding a Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The candidate should possess solid analytical distribution experience, including load flow for both traditional planning studies and for studies driven by regulatory compliance requirements, distribution and transmission protection system, and self-healing network configurations. Familiarity and experience with distribution policy, transmission policy, and regulatory issues is also considered a plus, including experience with arc flash assessments.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree is required and 0-2 years of experience
- Experience functioning in a technical role in distribution studies and capable of conducting studies under the direction of a technical supervisor is strongly desired, Milsoft’s WindMil, or Cyme’s Cymdist required; Siemens PTI’s PSS/E or GE Concordia’s PSLF,. EMTP or PSCAD experience is a plus. ASPEN OneLiner or Siemen’s CAPE software experience also a plus.
- Must possess strong communication skills, including listening, writing, and presentation skills.
- Must be a team player, able to work collaboratively with many different people with diverse backgrounds and geographic locations.
- Experience with ETAP, EasyPower, DNV GL’s SynerG
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) license is preferred
- Must be a US Citizen
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.