Leidos CIO Services Computing Resources is seeking an enterprise level Linux Dev Ops administrator with deep experience deploying, operating, maintaining and supporting Linux Servers (On-prem and Cloud hosted ). The Linux DevOps Administrator will also focus on identifying, assessing, and developing script-based automation to help standardize and streamline IT administrative tasks and processes. Scripting and Automation experience is a critical requirement for the position.
In this role, you will bring together agile software development methodologies and best practice, IT operations workflows, business processes, and good security practices with a modern toolset to help develop, integrate, and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration as code (CaC) using a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation life cycle.
The successful candidate must possess the ability to work well in a distributed team agile environment. The candidate should be of a highly ethical, trustworthy and reliable nature. The ability to utilize our Service Now system to adhere to rigid ITIL based change and release control processes and procedures are critical. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate superior analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to offer high levels of service to our customers, staff and management
- Promote and help create automated testing, transparency in code, and secure coding practices to ensure the reliability, dependability, and compliance of scripted and automated solutions deployed into production environments.
- Focus on identifying, assessing, and developing solutions to address IT business and mission use cases across a variety of vendor and in-house solutions to maximize task automation through scripting
- Test and improve Least Privilege and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and information security (INFOSEC) efforts.
- Provision, Operation and Maintenance of RHEL / Ubuntu Linux Servers (On-prem and Cloud hosted ) and server less architecture technologies (containers, lambda, etc).
- Utilize Ansible and Gitlab to script / automate our re-occurring technical tasks
- Operation and maintenance of Web Server technologies.
- Work with DBA team to troubleshoot database connectivity issues (Oracle, MSSQL, MYSQL).
- Troubleshoot network connection issues using network tools and enterprise logging tools.
- Provide high-level technical assistance to application development teams with deployments and troubleshooting web services.
- Coordinate with VMware team / Storage team on additional disk, CPU, Memory requests.
- Work with Application and Engineering team on projects and initiatives.
- Function within and inter-disciplinary agile team environment of Epics, features, stories, etc.
- Maintain / patch software applications.
- Develop documentation as necessary for knowledge sharing within team Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 - 12 years of relevant experience in Systems Administration. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience must include at least 5 years of administering and optimizing primarily Linux OS Servers, as well as 3+ years of automation / scripting experience.
- At least 2 years experience with end-to-end development of coded/scripted solutions using modern languages (i.e. Bash, Python) for the implementation, configuration, automation, orchestration, and/or maintenance of enterprise-level systems, applications, and services in a multi-platform information system.
- At least 2 years experience and knowledge of Git and Ansible Tower.
- Experience actively performing code/script design, writing, testing, troubleshooting, optimization, deployment, improvement, and documentation.
- Hands-on experience incorporating recognized best practices into code/script development, including but not limited to the areas of code generation, comments, logging, error checking and handling, remote execution, multi-threading, reports, and notifications.
- Experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. government information assurance and security standards, such as DISA Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
- Demonstrated ability to capture, analyze, and decompose stakeholder and/or product requirements in order to design valuable solutions for a production environment which take into account technical, compliance, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Working experience with networked storage ( NAS, SAN ) concepts.
- On-call availability
- Experience creating, maintaining, and running IT process automation (or orchestration) using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Calm, or Azure DevOps
- Experience using data-oriented and markup languages (i.e. XML, JSON, YAML)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud )
- Experience with source/version control systems (i.e. Azure DevOps, Git, GitHub)
- Familiarity with containers and container management (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience Scripting with Bash, Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience with Windows Server (Gui, Core)
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.