We are looking for a Call Center / Help Desk Manager
Leidos, Inc. is seeking a qualified, creative, and customer-focused person to provide Help Desk (HD) operations management support to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), located in Rockville, MD. The EUCS Help Desk Manager will serve as the primary Help Desk interface to NRC/Leidos management, service providers and attend various meetings.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating cross-tier integration, establishing and managing internal operating level agreements (OLAs), periodic review/update of system documentation, monitoring of key performance indicators (KPI), and management of the HD/NRC KMDB.
- Interaction with users and evaluation of vendor products and services, as well as frequent inter-organizational and outside contact with customers in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult IT problems.
- Be knowledgeable of the organization and operations for NRC type customers, Remedy, MS Office Suite, AVAYA ACD/CMD, AVAYA Contact Analyzer; and other HD applicable tools specifically used to support any HD.
- Meet with the customer to review status and future requirements, and establish metrics, identify and resolve systemic failures, and determine weaknesses in documentation and requirements.
- Serve as the Help Desk (HD) Operations Manager and manage 15 HD agents (2 are leads) in the operational delivery of HD services; HD Hours of Operations is Monday-Friday 6:00AM to 8:00PM (across 3 scheduled coverage shifts) and during Major Incidents whenever they may occur.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the HD team and all inquiries.
- Assist with monitoring and reviewing HD and staff performance.
- Develop team training plan and assist with training and mentoring team members.
- Provide leadership by creating team schedules, coaching, evaluating employee performance, timekeeping, and support for customer questions.
- Work with team to create or update documentation including but not limited to SOPs, best practices, How to’s, guidelines, and knowledge articles.
- Assist end users with issues and questions via phone, voicemail, and/or email.
- Monitor team and Troubleshoot HD Calls to completion.
- Work on assigned help desk related projects, tasks, and solutions.
- Support other HD services related tasks as assigned.
- Develop statistics and reports from data provided from various tools and sources like Remedy, Contact Analyzer, PowerBI, and others.
- Provide HD metrics status to Leidos and NRC customers.
- Primary HD POC to the NRC supporting OpCat, ResCat, and ProdCat categorizations implementations and service target development.
- Review tickets information to ensure SOPs are being followed and tickets are being properly documented/closed in support of program Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), Service Level Requirements (SLR’s), and requested metrics.
- Escalate and support any major issues in a timely manner.
- As the HD Subject Matter Expert (SME), assist other HD staff with issues or questions.
- Attend customer and Leidos meetings as requested and scheduled.
- Provide HD Continual Service Improvement (CSI) and Customer Experience (CX) initiatives.
- Identify and manage the HD KMDB for team use.
- Update all required Remedy tickets, CMDB, and any other system information in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner.
Please Note: This is a 100% Full Time Remote Work at Home position. One will need to report/be available to go to the Rockville, MD office in person for new hire training and/or periodically for customer collaboration. Travel as needed/required. Prefers one to be around Rockville, MD area.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant years of experience. A degree in IT or technical field or related field strongly preferred. With 10+ years of professional IT experience and Call Center/Help Desk leadership and management experience.
- Experience managing a help desk OR Customer support center.
- HDI (Help Desk Institute) Manager Certified.
- ITIL Foundations Level (or higher) Certification.
- Experience working with Help Desks with an emphasis on Call Center Operations.
- Experience supporting as many of the following: VMWare, Windows, Active Directory, and end-user computing support needs.
- Possession of strong analytical skills for establishing metrics, identifying and resolving systemic failures, and determining weaknesses in documentation and requirements.
- Ability to communicate with end-users and provide concise status to Leidos and NRC representatives; experience meeting with customers to review status and future requirements.
- Must be able to obtain an NRC Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start (may take anywhere between 1-3 months).
- Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship OR U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
- Prior technical leadership and support experience.
- Knowledge of other tools and techniques specific to this service area to efficiently conduct the transition of current data, information, and knowledge.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) Certified or related IAPP certification.
- Experience in the use of Remedy and ServiceNow tools and ticketing systems.
- Proven experience capturing cost savings through improving and streamlining processes.
- Proven experience developing high-performing teams that consistently exceed SLA’s, SLR’s, and metrics.
- Demonstrated success in project management through complex help desk migrations.
Additional attributes below to ensure success:
- Exposure and familiarity with Network Management, Performance, Service Desk, and Automation Platforms – Examples as many of the following: Windows 10 (Windows 11 for 2022), SharePoint, Service Catalogs, latest available MSOffice Suite, O365, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, ServiceNow, Remedy, Citrix, Cisco Systems VPN client, Java, McAfee, Symantec, VMware, NetBackup, IBM/Dell servers, SCSI devices, Avaya PBX, Cisco PBX, Routers and Cisco Switches Active Directory, Bomgar, Remote Desktop, SCCM.
- Optimized customer and employee engagement through quantitative, metric driven decision making.
- Fostered teamwork in high-volume call centers and help desks.
- Strong learning mindset able to think independently as well as liaise effectively with channel and project teams.
- Skilled troubleshooter of issues with hardware, software, applications, and networks.
- Experience with ACD, call-routing, migrations, voice-mail setup, T1-T3, VoIP, Instant Messaging and Skype, Network connectivity, troubleshooting, and training.
- Accomplished team leader talented in building and strengthening relationships across functions to drive cohesive, strategic operations.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, follow-up, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to take and execute direction on a tight schedule.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.