The program intends to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, update the AFATDS front-end to a modern look and feel smart client interface, incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator initiated system instruction and refresher training, significantly update critical cybersecurity protections (protection of critical data, validation of critical inputs, protections against insider threats) and perform software conversion of the existing business logic through leveraging existing modernized components, porting all existing Ada code to a modern programming language such as Java and maintain no loss of capability and full backwards compatibility with legacy systems. A summary of this effort includes system architecture design and analysis, system software interface support, design/system engineering, and system integration & test. The program follows waterfall software development, integration and test strategies.
A Test and Evaluation Program will be developed and implemented to verify system performance with acceptance based on translating and running the legacy test cases. The Test Team works closely with the software development team during pre-integration for early behavioral verification of software components (processes), the DevOps team during integration testing (including autoregression testing) and runs the test events – both risk reduction events and formal system testing. The Test Team will also support exercises, experiments, validations, verifications, logistics demonstrations, maintainability demonstrations, maintenance assessments, maintenance evaluations and test events that occur at locations other than the contractor’s facility as directed on a case-by-case basis. These events will include, but not be limited to, integration testing with interfacing systems, interoperability tests with coalition partners, joint certification testing, mission command engineering test events, operational test events, safety test events, security test events, central technical support facility events, integration events, army interoperability, backward-compatibility test events, and ASCA test events.
*This position will support a flexible, telework-friendly schedule. The chosen candidate may have to travel to Fort Sill in Oklahoma on occasion.*
In this role the candidate will lead the Test Team through all program phases and work closely with the other program teams, including Architecture (responsible for overall design), software development, Product Support & Tech Pubs (responsible for the Embedded Help & Training), Risk Management (responsible for Safety and Cyber Security) and DevOps (responsible for the underlying development framework and pipeline).
- Leading a 10-person team in a largely telework environment through the test development phase to prepare for on-sight testing in Leidos’ APG System Integration Lab (SIL); the team consists of AFATDS Subject Matter Experts (SME) with background in testing of mission critical software based applications
- Providing the vision for how to test a modernized software application developed in a cloud-based environment utilizing cutting edge software development and DevOps tools – including integrating test functionality into the build pipeline, virtualizing and utilizing Command and Control applications, bridging the gap between the virtualized environments and the deployed computing systems and performing the full-spectrum of test execution in a Model Based framework (Jira with a Zephyr plugin, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Confluence, and Cameo).
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components.
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Provide technical support to other engineering groups.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Testing (ST), Smoke Testing (SmT) and Integration/Interface Testing (IT), and Regression Testing (RT.)
- Participate in test driven development activities including Contractor System Test (CST.)
- Produce test reports.
- Document and manage defect identification through resolution and closure.
- Work as a member of a Software Development Team, providing guidance associated with system functionality and usability.
- Works with program SMEs, both local and remote, to educate development personnel on the nuances associated with the legacy system.
- Manual test case development, working with development teams to define testing requirements.
- Participates in daily/weekly stand-up meetings with architecture and development teams to drive sprint deliveries.
- Installs, configures, and maintains servers that operate using Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2019.
- Bachelors Degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Managed a team of up to 10 individuals associated with development of software applications.
- Required expertise with Fires Systems and functionality.
- Vision, managing a team, formal test knowledge, tool familiarity, customer facing skills, managing a lab (presence in lab required.)
- Experience with test process development, test case design, test procedure development, test execution, system evaluation and test reporting.
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing including experience with Army products and interfaces.
- Ability to isolate and resolve problems, document bugs, regress and close issues while working on particular application releases.
- Experience with automated test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems and administrative tools.
- Experience with network architecture and communications.
- Good verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Exposure and knowledge of key modernized software and DevOps tools (Jira with a Zephyr plugin, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Confluence, VMWare and Cameo.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint.)
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.
- 10 years post Army experience performing FSR-like activity.
- Experience using Joint C2 and Army Mission Command systems such as CPCE, GCCS-A/J/M/AF, Agile Client, ICSF, JC2CUI, CPOF, and/or C2PC to create and manage a Common Operating Picture (COP) preferred.
- Advanced understanding of Army and Marine fire mission processing.
- Knowledge of integrating COP products from applications such as CPCE, GCCS-J I3, JEM/JWARN, MTI, JTT, CPOF, AFATDS, JADOCS preferred or other PM MC systems.
- Installs, configures, and maintains a combination of IM/C2 systems that include TCS, JTCW, C2PC, BFT, JBCP-FoS, JBV AFATDS, JADOCS, CPOF.
- Familiarity with VMware Workstation and configuring Virtual Machine and VMware Tools.
- Familiarity with VMF (and other Army communication standards.)
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-188-220 and other military standards.
- Familiarity with Extensible Map Platform; NASA WorldWind, GeoServers and other Map technologies.
- Understanding of RS-232/422, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, NLB network protocols.
- Experience working with Raytheon Taclink modems and tactical radios (R/T 1523, AN/PRC 152(A), AN/PRC 117G, AN/PRC 155.)
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.