Leidos is seeking a Scrum Master to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
This role requires an Agile Scrum Master to work in large-scale software and hardware integration effort. The selected candidate will be responsible for facilitating one large complex agile team or several small agile teams as part of a larger Agile Release Train (ART) delivering value to the customer using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as the agile framework. He/she will help educate the self-organizing teams in Scrum or Kanban to ensure that the agile process is being followed. He/she will help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. The selected candidate will work with team members, with other Agile Scrum Masters, and with support personnel to ensure that the team’s commitments at the Program Increment (PI) Planning are met. He/she will facilitate horizontal communication across team members to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress while working mitigation plans. The selected candidate will be responsible for sensing, determining, and leading discussions when issues need to be analyzed or triaged, and for making improvements in determining and implementing improvements to processes. Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical.
- Responsible for facilitating self-organizing team(s) to ensure the team is making progress against Program Increment commitments
- Protects the team from scope creep during execution of the PI
- Removes impediments for the team and coordinates with the Release Train Engineer in implementing solutions
- Helps team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate
- Supports and enforces Scrum process and other rules
- Ensures that the team has a clear understanding of Definition of Done and how to meet it
- Coordinates with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicates status to management
- Works with the Product Owner(s) to review and prioritize features
- Leads and facilitates SAFe ceremonies to include sprint planning, sprint review, demos, sprint retro, and PI planning
- Works with Product Owner(s) to develop User Stories to meet the Feature acceptance criteria
- Maintains and generates information radiators for the teams
- Collects and shares team metrics with the team, determines when new metrics are needed, and develops improvements in metrics
- Coaches’ teams on agile and scrum principles with a goal of continuous improvement
- Observes team dynamics, recognizes strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coaches the team as a whole driving improvements in productivity
- Creates a fun sharing and learning environment, experimenting with various ideas to improve delivery including pair-programming and cross-functional training
- Promotes teamwork to achieve sprint goals
- Leads teams towards agile maturity
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least eight (8) years of relevant and related work experience
- Experience in working as a Scrum Master or Team Lead for a systems engineering, I.T. Support or network engineering teams
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) or similar agile project management certification (PMI-ACP)
- Experience using agile project management tools (e.g., Jira, VersionOne, Rallye, IBM RTC)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and time management skills are a must
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, across diverse systems and groups
- Possess active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline
- Experience working with large software systems including hardware integration and test
- Experience working within an Agile environment or program
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary technical development teams
- Experience using SAFe as the agile development methodology
- Experience-affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
- Experience with applying test automation, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment to achieve built-in quality by the team
- Experience using Kanban as a means to improve flow on support teams
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.