The Leidos Civil Group is looking for an Engineering Planner to join the NISV IV Program. The Engineering Planner will provide support to various Air Traffic Control Centers, TRACONS, Towers, and Headquarters and Regional offices. Prepares and coordinates the plans and schedules for new or existing programs.
Support consists of development of site implementation and transition planning for National and Regional, Facilities and Equipment, Capital Investment Plan (CIP) projects. Determines, monitors, and reviews costs, operational budgets and schedules, and manpower requirements. Supports and participates in negotiations with customer. Analyzes effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources. Resolves proposal preparation problems and assesses the progress against established plans and parameters. Formulates and recommends corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, fund allocations, and work requirements.
The Engineering Planner will support the FAA Terminal Facilities Planning (TFP) Team for the program management and implementation of Facilities and Equipment (F&E) products into NAS Terminal Facilities. Activities will include Quick Look surveys, and development of Facility Improvement Analysis (FIA), Analysis Scope (AS), Business Case (BC), and Requirement Document (RD) products to support deliberations concerning Sustainment, Improvement, or Replacement of Airport Traffic Control Towers (ATCTs) and Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACONS). Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide engineering support to the Terminal Facilities Planning Service Area for development of documentation concerning decisions to sustain, improve, or replace FAA TRACONs and ATCTs.
- Provide expertise to conduct research, evaluations, and studies; present recommendations/solutions related to short and long-term program planning requirements as they relate to Life Cycle planning.
- Provide expertise to review, evaluate and originate Terminal requirements based on Jacob’s Life Cycle and Condition Assessment reports.
- Provides planning, scheduling, networking and coordination assistance among all service area and headquarters organizations; involving NAS implementation and integration efforts and related to budget considerations as it applies to Life Cycle planning.
- Assist in monitoring schedules for Terminal Facilities integration.
- Provide support and representation at Service Area Program Management reviews.
- Analyze Facilities Planning documents for accuracy, provide recommendations for improvement.
- Classifies and summarizes data for the preparation and submission of reports on a recurring basis.
- Provides assistance and recommendations to FAA managers and staff who directly affect the conduct and attainment of agency goals.
- Will provide support to the FAA Terminal Planning Program, specifically the Terminal Sustainment Lead.
- Will provide support to the Air Traffic Organization (ATO), Area Service Center, Planning & Requirements Groups (PRG) as necessary.
- Budget development and financial tracking of project-based milestones.
- Proactive monitoring of Terminal program reflections in FAA tracking systems including the Corporate Work Plan (CWP).
- Maintain terminal requirements in the CWP, including scoring and prioritizing the requirements on a weekly basis to ensure compliance with the 3-D Work Plan initiative.
- Ensure yearly budget requirements are entered and maintained in CWP to comply with the Facility Infrastructure Portfolio timelines.
- Develop White papers, briefings, correspondence to highlight and resolve technical issues.
- Participate in working groups and forums to achieve uniformity for standard operating procedures.
- Review documents including Facilities Improvement Analysis (FIA), Requirements Documents (RD), Requirement Document Workbook (RDWB), Analysis Scope (AS), and Business Case (BC).
- Provide support in developing project timelines, showing critical phases and identifying critical Facility needs.
- Provide development, review and comment on the Facility Improvement Analysis (FIA) and Workbook (FIAWB).
- Provide development, review and comment on the Investment Analysis Document (IAD) Alternative Scope (AS) and Business Case (BC) and Workbook (BCWB).
- Provide development, review and comment on the Requirements Document (RD) and Requirements Document Workbook (RDWB).
- Participate in the Quick Look (QL) process by obtaining Line-of-Site (LOS) questionnaires and Airport Layout Plans (ALP), performing QL data collection, post analysis, QL report, and QL briefing to key stakeholders.
- Provide support in developing project timelines, showing critical phases and identifying critical facility needs.
- Provide support in the Condition Assessments and Life Cycle Analysis.
- Provide support in the coordination and planning required to adapt, install and maintain various programs/projects.
- Typical Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4+ years relevant experience with BS/BA, or 2+ years relevant experience with Master’s Degree.
- Federal Aviation Experience including extensive knowledge of the National Airspace System (NAS) and the FAA Air Traffic Organization (ATO), particularly Terminal Operations.
- Program Management Experience.
- Must possess excellent oral and written with proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint).
- Strong ability to interface with senior management.
- Must be a proactive, flexible, team player and adjust to multiple tasking.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, self-motivation and follow-up.
- Must have superior communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Knowledge of FAA Terminal Facilities and Equipment Requirements.
- FAA Facility, Service Area, or Headquarters Managerial or Support Experience
- Experience working with FAA Corporate Work Plan and associated platforms.
- Knowledge of Project Planning Programs such as Microsoft Project and Primavera.
- Database experience including the entry, collection, quality assurance and downloading of both file based and tabular data.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.