QTC, a subsidiary of Leidos, has an immediate opening for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer supporting our corporate IT department.
Remote candidates may be considered for this role with preference for candidates who are located or are willing to be located in San Dimas, CA and Austin, TX.
Works on software projects by reviewing project user stories and working with other organizations (both within and outside of IT) to understand the complete requirements of the project, including the system software architecture, design, internal and external interfaces, use cases, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, plan and test web based, mobile and desktop applications through collaboration of epics, user stories and design specifications
- Consult with users, product owners, scrum masters, development, infrastructure and service desk to determine software/system functionality and scope of epis and user stories
- Develop original test plans, document test results, scope, risks and provide sign-off for applications utilizing Microsoft Team Foundation Server (Test Manager)
- Identify, report and manage the lifecycle of all software defects using Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Responsible for reviewing and providing peer review feedback for business requirements, user stories, technical design documents and QA test plans
- Responsible for creating and managing automated test scripts using Telerik Test Studio
- Use discretion and expert judgment to establish level of effort for QA activities
- Identify QA tasks and track progress against project plans utilizing TFS or other SDLC management tools
- Perform configuration management and deployment duties
- Work closely with UAT team to provide knowledge transfer of application functionality and known issues
- Work closely with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Developers, other QA members, DBA, Configuration Management, Infrastructure and management in an Agile environment
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of SQL and able to write complex queries
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC (e.g., Agile, Scrum) and QA methodologies (e.g., Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression, System, Black box, White box, Performance, Load and Boundary testing)
- Must possess experience testing tiered web based applications (e.g., ASP.Net MVC, HTML, XML) utilizing a relational database back-end (e.g., Oracle, SQL)
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and a self-starter
- Effective time management, detail oriented, and strong organizational skills
- Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently
- Advanced knowledge of configuration management including Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) a plus
- Advanced knowledge of source control tools and methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server configuration including IIS, app pools, services, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation a plus
- Strong knowledge of QA automation techniques and best practices preferably using Telerik Test Studio
- Solid working knowledge of key QA technologies and tools
- Ability to manage competing priorities for multiple projects
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Bachelor's Degree w/ 9 years of related experience
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.