The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr Network/Telecom Engineer to work on customer site supporting a DoD program that designs, implements, operates, and manages coalition networks around the world. The individual will provide technical advice and recommendations for network, systems, virtualization, storage, software, and security solutions to create information sharing environments for C2 products with U.S. and foreign military organizations. The Sr Network/Telecom Engineer will assist in the design, development, test, and fielding support for BICES and SABRE (Secret and Below Releasable) environments, and will also be a key interface to Leidos capture team for the Architecture Engineering and Integration (AE&I) team. BICES-X supports the multinational intelligence sharing and collaboration requirements of Defense Intelligence and the U.S. Combatant Commands (CCMDs).
- Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor Arts/Bachelor Science Degree in computer science, engineering or a combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.
- Advanced knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
- 8+ years of directly related experience in network analysis and design
- Individual should be cognizant, familiar and have recent experience in one or more areas including but not limited to DoD Architectural Framework, NATO FMN, DISA (MNIS), JIE or DI2E, BICES, SABRE, and CFBLNet
- Relevant experience with technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to reviewers in oral and written formats
- U.S. citizen with active TS/SCI clearance
- Master’s degree in engineering, business, science, or technology
- Business Development experience, and ability to transfer knowledge to AE&I capture team
- Experience with network migration planning and execution
- Knowledge of the BICES X program
- Experience with FMN Protected Core Networking (PCN) and Cloud environments.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01M certification at IAT Level II, such as CompTIA Security+ CE
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as :
- CCNA, CCNP, or other network certification
- MCSE or other Microsoft certification
- VMware Certified Professional
- Any Agile, ITIL or SCRUM certification.
- Hands-on experience with Cross-domain systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Trusted Network Environment (TNE)
- 2+ years of experience supporting Cybersecurity Operations, Information Assurance, and/or security engineering assessing and accrediting classified systems (e.g., DoD Instruction (DoDI) 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT)
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.