The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a highly technical and motivated Senior Software Engineer. The program is based in Clarksburg, West Virginia, but can be supported remotely. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Third Generation (N3G).
- Day to Day Agile Software Development and using Java and scripting languages like Python.
- Use functional programming to develop and migrate big data from IBM Mainframe to the Cloud.
- Develop tools to provide search capabilities using ElasticSearch.
- Evaluation and possible implementation of a Name search product could also be part of our teams Road Map.
- The Candidate must have a Master’s Degree or Equivalent experience with at least 15 years of experience in the following areas: (Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Requirements analysis; software design, development, integration, and testing; operations and maintenance; bug fixing; and configuration management.
- Test case development.
- Java and scripting languages such as Python.
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include preparing and delivering presentations and artifacts to customer management.
The preferred Candidate shall have at least two (2) years of experience in the following areas:
- Automating application deployments, scaling and management.
- Development on an on-premise or off-premise cloud.
A DOD Top Secret Clearance is required.
The preferred candidate shall have at least five (5) years of experience in the following areas:
- Developing microservice architectures for web and application services using virtual instances, load balancing, automated surge capability, and integrated performance monitoring.
- Developing applications using traditional SQL based database management systems
- Developing applications using nosql data management systems and full text searching.
- Implementing security controls required by Federal information systems
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.