Are you ready to join a Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next Senior Systems Integrator Engineer to work in Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD. Your job will be to rely upon your years of experience bringing together component subsystems into a whole and ensuring that those subsystems are optimized to work together. This job will be in our Bethesda, MD office where we will need you to participate in building strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You will work closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, system engineers and O&M team members on the following key tasks:
• Perform Linux builds, installs, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of both Linux and Windows platforms to include but not limited to base configuration, security and system patching, performance monitoring, etc.
• Provide O/S hardening (STIG, OpenSCAP, ACAS) and system patching
• Develop server builds for virtual and physical environments
• Manage, maintain, configure, and deploy system integration tools such as Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm
• Support management and integration of DevOps tools such as Jenkins
• Deploy, operate, diagnose, and maintain containerized (Docker) microservices across orchestrated (Kubernetes) environments
• Maintain and orchestrate services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes kafka, Elasticsearch, and several in house written python/java running on Kubernetes
• Develop scripts to monitor and check health of the deployed pipeline
• Maintain and develop DevOps automation using tools (e.g., Saltstack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
• Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
• Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system wide software, validate and implement critical system patches, and allocate mass storage space
• Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
• Participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, integration, and documentation phases
• Manage the code transfer and modification
• Conduct automated unit and system integration tests to identify and provide feedback on failed modules and components
• Participate in code design reviews and updates
• Support CM activities
• Administer system to system data transfer and integration process
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
• A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or a closely related discipline or 4 years of additional relevant professional experience
• At least 6 years of relevant professional experience
• Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
• Experience in system integrations testing through a full system development life cycle, including implementing test plans, test cases and test processes
• Experience with security requirements derivation
• Experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team and also a self-starter who can work on their own
• Expertise in configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu) to include kernel panic recovery; Configuring SSSD, AIDE, SELinux, auditd; and O/S hardening – STIG, OpenSCAP, ACAS.
• Highly proficient with Patching: yum repositories, APT repositories
• Highly proficient with Server builds: virtual and physical
• Experience with installing and deploying DevOps tools, examples could include Chef, Puppet, Git, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Salt, etc.
• Knowledge of Atlassian software such as JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat, etc.
• DoD 8570 IAT II Certification.
It would be great if you have specific experiences and skills with the following (preferred):
• Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Linux, Git, Python, Elasticsearch, Logstash, IPA, AWS, OpenStack, Java, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
• Experience establishing large computer clusters
• Experience in continuous configuration automation (CCA) methods for providing a flexible, programmatic platform for deploying and managing the configuration of infrastructure and application resources.
• Experience in applying both agent-based and agentless (e.g. SSH) methods to event-driven orchestration and remote execution for configuration management
• Experience in applying automated configuration management and deployment tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Salt) for configuration automation, cloud control, and event-driven orchestration.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.