The Accounting & Business Operations accounting team is seeking a transformational Compensation Accounting Manager to lead the shared service accounting functions for payroll, benefits, retirement and equity. The Manager will lead a team of 5 seasoned team members geographically disbursed across the nation. The ideal candidate will have past people leadership experience, large company background, and an eagerness to share their compensation accounting expertise with others across the organization. The successful candidate will lead a team to ensure compliance, accuracy and timeliness of accounting responsibilities, including compliance with SOX controls and highly skilled in collaboration with other teams. The position reports to the Senior Manager of Operational Accounting and the successful candidate will have future opportunities for internal mobility within the Company.
- Meet with team regularly, ensure engagement is high and take a vested interest in individual development.
- Development transformation / automation ideas through collaboration sessions with team
- Review and approve team journal entries – payroll, benefits, retirement and equity
- Facilitate and review audits of the Company’s benefit plans
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and review Schedule L that is incorporated in the Company’s Incurred Cost Submission
- Participate in acquisition and ledger migration activities
- Prepare and/or review balance sheet flux narratives drafted by the team
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Accounting plus 8 years related experience or Masters Degree in Accounting with 6 years of related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll and benefits accounting
- Experience with large 3rd party payroll systems such as ADP, Ultipro, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and eager to utilize technology
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Certified Public Accountant or demonstrated expertise in compensation accounting
- Auditor experience or mindset to identify issues, research and resolve
- Equity accounting experience or acumen to learn equity concepts
- Experience with large ERP software such as Costpoint, SAP, Oracle, etc.
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.