The Military Family Life Counseling Program (MFLC) is seeking an experienced Technical Writer who will act as a common resource for the technical operations and engineering teams associated with the MFLC Program. The Technical Writer will perform a full range of duties necessary to support software development and release, quality assurance, and developing/updating project/process documents in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provide drafting, review, and presentation of technical and administrative topics.
- Develop and edit documentation for systems development programs.
- Experience developing and updating templates.
- Develop basic graphics and utilize desktop publishing tools to demonstrate technical systems.
- Maintain documentation and version control in a shared repository such as SharePoint.
- Support reviews and editing for grammar, content, and style of writing.
- Engage with Subject Matter Experts to develop and review program documentation.
- Work with Business Analysts to document IT processes/procedures
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure compliance for all technical documentation.
- Report on progress of work products and deliverables
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience supporting technical writing for a technical program.
- Experience supporting technical writing for systems/software development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience with Visio a plus
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and adhere to competing deadlines.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Other duties as assigned
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.