Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Software Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Software Engineer position located in Southwest Virginia with opportunities to work remotely.
Our new Software Engineer will support cloud migrations for the Air Force Cloud One contract. This contract includes the Cloud Migrations life cycle including development, testing, deployment, and release management leveraging DevSecOps processes.
• After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team, you will work with a team of highly skilled software developers, engineers and QA analysts responsible for delivering customized solutions for federal and commercial clients.
• Participate in design, development, testing, and release of key functionality for large scale custom software projects to meet customer requirements
• Evaluate systems architectures and code for performance and security issues, and suggest best practice remediation approaches to ensure highly performant and secure deployed applications.
• You will work to develop core functionality for existing systems, create and execute unit tests, and assist with deployment of new software to the user community.
• Analyze, diagnose, and resolve software bugs utilizing approved procedures following software best practices
• Work prioritized tasks from implementation through test and deployment during each Agile Sprint period.
• Collaborate with other software developers, QA analysts, operations staff, supervisors, and clients
• Provide team leads with technical expertise and schedule recommendations, updates and risk management approaches to ensure development activities proceed as needed
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance prior to start
• A software developer with a Bachelors’ degree and 5+ years of experience developing and supporting software applications, specifically common programming languages such as C# or Java
• Deeply experienced with RESTful APIs, JSON, AJAX, XHTML, SOAP
• Working knowledge of relational databases, database design data modeling and SQL
• Ability to research technically complex issues and provide a clear path to resolution
• Experienced in Agile and Scrum development methodologies and processes
• Previous experience with code reviews
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• US Citizenship required
• Familiarity with cloud technology environments
• Design and development of web services experience
• Previous cross browser development experience
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.