The US Government uses space systems to solve many complex problems to protect our warfighters and gather information on threats to our national interest. The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) performs space payload systems research and development (R&D) to create innovative one-of-a-kind solutions to these complex Customer needs.
Leidos is at the center of several new EO/IR space payload opportunities requiring immediate staffing. These cutting-edge programs may serve as the future platforms for Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and other surveillance technologies for the DoD and other agencies.
Opportunities exist to work across these programs to further enrich your experience. We are currently searching for a Optical-Mechanical Designer for aerospace payloads for missile detection, weather satellites and space situational awareness systems.
- Interface with optical, mechanical and electrical engineering staff to develop mechanical designs using CAD software
- Participate in analysis of designs
- Coordinate with and manage interfaces with subcontractors.
- Design and develop optical sensor payloads on DOD/NASA satellites, starting from concept to finish payloads through manufacturing, assembling, testing and integration.
- Coordinate with designers, drafters using CAD software such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks for all ASME Y14.5 & ASME Y14.100 documentation requirement. Implemented Enterprise PDM for document control and AS9100 quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must be able to obtain DoD Secret level clearance.
- Experience in the manufacturing, assembly and testing of engineering and flight level payload prototypes is required.
- Knowledge of how electro-optical systems are designed, specified, developed, manufactured, and tested.
- Experience in prototype and production development, including testing and demonstrations.
- Knowledge and experience laboratory testing.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, MatLab, and CAD (Solidworks).
- Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment.
- Familiarity with prototype payload programs and engineering processes.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.