Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos team has a System Test Lead opening for an enterprise class access control system (ACS). This opening is a contractually designated will support our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of ACS for installations to include ACP/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsible for performing contractor verification testing (CVT) and Performance Verification Testing (PVT) on a variety of systems including the visitor registration systems, the Access Control Point (ACP) lane operations, handheld ID Card scanners, RFID systems, Kiosks and enhancement initiatives such as biometrics and facial recognition systems. The testing is conducted on the COTS solution set used for the enterprise ACS. Testing will occur at Army installations and at our Edgewood MD facility and may include Government personnel including US Army military personnel, Department of the Army civilians and other Government designated contractors as test witnesses and participants. The System Tester Lead will interact and interface with Government program personnel for the planning and conduct of all required testing under contract and also for the submission of CDRLs. The System Test Lead will perform other duties as assigned by the APM for Testing and the Deputy Program Manager.
Primary duties include:
- Participate in the development of test procedures and plans and test reports to include all test related CDRLs.
- Conducting in person hands-on testing on ACS system components both at Edgewood MD (Home office location) and at Army installation on temporary duty as assigned.
- Configuration, documentation and operational support for COTS Software Applications supporting the ACS and ensures that the approved baseline remains the same throughout the test.
- Provide Go Live Support to installation personnel post acceptance to further their knowledge and degree of proficiency on the system.
- Supports the testing and Help Desk teams to conduct testing of installed and configured systems to ensure proper operation
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Requires a BS degree and 2+ years of experience to include experience and knowledge working in an operational (military) environment, document preparation and management of CDRLs, conducting tests, working knowledge of configuration management.
- Must have a desire to learn and work within a team environment.
- Experience in interacting with Government personnel.
- Ability to travel to Army installations 25-50% of the time
- This position is “hands-on” positions working as part of a team at our Integration center in Edgewood MD and on-site at Army installations.
- Willingness to learn, have good writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications used for CDRL preparation
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Work experience on access control systems and equipment involved.
- Experience with the US Army or USAF access control systems.
- Experience working in operational environment for the US Army
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.