Leidos is seeking Flight Data Coordination Specialists on our Future Flight Services Program (FFSP) in Fort Worth, TX.
FFSP is an FAA Contract supporting General Aviation customers. Candidates selected for the Flight Data Coordination Specialist position will:
• Classify, format, and distribute Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs) as prescribed
• Responsible for the initiation and completion of Search and Rescue (SAR) for aircraft on overdue VFR flights and assist other ATC facilities as needed for SAR involving overdue IFR flights
• Compile, evaluate, record, revise and disseminate flight data information accurately and promptly
• Conduct intra-facility/inter-facility coordination in accordance with policy and procedures
• Forward departures, progress reports, and arrival reports to ATC upon request
• Use approved procedural words, phrases, abbreviations and formats
• Operate position equipment/backup equipment using prescribed procedures to ensure computer entries are correct
• Function effectively as a team member; maintain cooperative and professional manner
• Answer all calls timely, listen to requests and respond in a courteous and tactful manner
• Provide additional assistance/data when requested
• Perform other duties as assigned
***The FFSP program is a 24/7 operation and the selected candidate must be able to work a non-standard work week which will include the following: holidays, weekends, day, evening and overnight shifts. Additionally, employees may be asked to work non-consecutive shifts-***
Successful completion of two (2) full years of education or training above the high school level in subjects such as aviation, flight mechanics, communications, data processing, electronics, or similar subjects in a college or university, or a technical or flying school or US Military. Due to customer requirements, applicants must be US Citizens, meet the requirements to obtain a Public Trust security clearance and be able to obtain a DOT Third Class Medical Certificate.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.