Salary Range: £26,000 - £32,500 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?..
We are in search of an Accounting Analyst to join our team on a 6 month fixed term contract.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Reporting into the Leidos Europe Company Accountant as part of the Leidos UK Accounting team this role requires an enthusiastic individual with good attention to detail to take on all aspects of accounting, an essential part of the finance process.
You will be required complete all related tasks including calculation and posting of revenue adjustments, month end journal preparation, balance sheet reconciliations and adhoc accounting tasks as they arise.
The ideal person will have the ability to work remotely within a dispersed team, taking a task and seeing it through to completion with minimal support, working with and supporting internal customers and maintaining Leidos standards and controls.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of accurate and timely revenue adjustments using the Costpoint system
- Support the company accountant with month end close tasks
- Preparation and posting of month end journals, such as prepayments, depreciation, other adjustments
- Support the Company Accountant on LCST close issues and resolution of queries with AP, payroll, customer billing and any other accounting tasks
- Support the annual statutory accounts external audit, and any internal audits when they arise
- Deputise for the company accountant on various LCST finance calls
- Previous experience of month-end close, journals and balance sheet reconciliations using an accounting system
- Knowledge of and comfort using Microsoft Office programmes – Excel, Word and PowerPoint to an intermediate level
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and processes
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively
- Strong attention to detail and process controls mentality
You Might Also Have:
- AAT or equivalent an advantage
- Previous experience of working in a multi-national company environment
- Comfortable liaising with senior finance and non-finance up to director level
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.