Leidos’ Security Detection & Automation operation is seeking a motivated and talented Lead Image Reconstruction Scientist to join our multidisciplinary, highly energized and expert engineering team. Join us for an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an innovative new project, work with cutting edge technology on developing state-of-the-art products, and make global impact in airport security detection.
This position will be leading our image Reconstruction team, contributing with both guidance and hands-on contributions to advanced image reconstruction and threat detection algorithms for the development of CT and millimeter / microwave based threat detection security scanners. The Lead Image Reconstruction Scientist will be responsible for leading a team of experts in the development of image acquisition and reconstruction algorithms in support of new product development and existing product enhancement.
- Contributing to a team developing advanced millimeter wave and microwave-based threat detection security scanners.
- Active engagement in the research and development of novel image acquisition and reconstruction applications.
- Lead a team in the implementation of real-time algorithms for millimeter wave, microwave and x-ray imaging systems for the purposes of threat detection.
- Lead and perform tasks including system modelling, Image quality verification, image quality assurance and technology transfer to software development.
- Analyze data, make recommendations, write technical reports, whitepapers, and support the IP filing process.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field with a minimum of 8 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Expert in signal processing, image formation, and inverse problem techniques
- Experience implementing image formation techniques from published papers
- Experience evaluating, interpreting, and optimizing image quality
- Must have positive, team focused attitude and approach to work tasks.
- Strong math, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US secret security clearance, which requires US Citizenship. We are unable to sponsor visas for this position and require applicants to be either a US citizen or a permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- Experience with holographic reconstruction in the near field
- Strong experience in clinical and/or industrial CT image acquisition and reconstruction
- Hands-on experience in evaluating and optimizing CT systems
- Experience in developing or modifying CT models and algorithms to adapt them to experimental requirements.
- Prior experience developing reconstruction or imaging applications for medical and/or security systems
- Familiarity with NVIDIA CUDA
- Current US secret security clearance
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.