The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an RHN SATCOM Engineer. This position will support the CECOM ILSC Field Modernization Division contract supporting the Regional Hub Node (RHN). Perform engineering activities as they pertain to space based equipment. These include, but are not limited to: development of SATCOM system specifications, engineering plans and test plans; development of SATCOM based architectures and frameworks (i.e. operational views, structural views); development of test plans and procedures; provide support to technology working groups and integrated product teams; develop technology development plans; provide support in assessment of technology maturity; develop technology transition plans.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Development of SATCOM system specifications, engineering plans and test plans;
- Development of SATCOM based architectures and frameworks (i.e. operational views, structural views);
- Development of test plans and procedures; provide support to technology working groups and integrated product teams;
- Develop technology development plans; provide support in assessment of technology maturity;
- Develop technology transition plans.
- Will adapt training courses to SATCOM systems operational / user / maintenance manuals to enable user certification of commercial certifications and military system certifications.
- Perform updates to training curriculum to accommodate system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system use2).
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Bachelors Degree with 4 or more years of experience. Additional directly related experience may offset the degree requirements.
- Experience in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP networks which cover a regional to global geography utilizing commercial and military SATCOM teleport and gateway nodes and infrastructure.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must have understanding of various IP transmission data (TCP, UDP, etc…).
- Must have working knowledge of military satellite systems.
- Must have working knowledge of commercial SATCOM systems.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Frequency Division Multiple Access, Multi-Frequency Time Division Multiple Access and Internet Protocol Modems (specifically I-Direct and Linkway is desirable).
- Applicant must have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Cisco and Juniper router experience is highly desirable.
- Riverbed or other network optimization/management equipment experience is highly desirable.
- Voice over IP and Cisco Call Manager equipment experience is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.