At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
We are in search of a Junior MongoDB database administrator skilled in the use of MongoDB, ElastiCache and Python to join our team based in Woodlawn Maryland. This opening will support the contracts at the Social Security Administration.
This position may require occasional off hours support during system/software upgrades and patches.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
• Design, build, and automate the MongoDB Architecture for open-source Community Edition MongoDB.
• Use Python, Ansible or other similar tool to automate infrastructure tasks
• Provide advice and support to development resources.
• Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
• Support the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
• Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support junior level staff.
• Provide after hours on-call support that will be required to apply changes during non-peak hours.
• Accept other duties as directed by management.
• Hands-on experience with Mongo Community edition.
• Familiar with Mongo internals and how Mongo works outside of a GUI environment.
• Designing, Building, and automating the MongoDB Infrastructure for open-source MongoDB.
• Experience in using Python to automate infrastructure tasks
• Experience with MongoDB architectural knowledge
• Infrastructure and configuration automation.
• Ansible Automation experience
• Working in Agile and DEVOPS environment.
• Experience on automating AWS ElastiCache provisioning, administration and maintenance.
• Experience working with AWS database services including RDS, EC2, S3
• The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn new skills, embed with a team, solicit ideas and feedback, and have good communication skills. They should be able to work independently as well as in a team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience in a related database field or 2-4 years with high school diploma
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.