The United States Government uses space systems to solve many complex problems to protect our warfighters and gather information on threats to our national interest. The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) performs space payload systems research and development (R&D) to create innovative one-of-a-kind solutions to these complex customer needs.
We seek a Systems Integration Engineer/Lab Manager to manage the LInC space payload development laboratories supporting a variety of programs. The candidate should be able to take over management of existing labs and support the current build on a new clean room area.
- The Systems Integration Engineer/Lab Manager is responsible for conducting analysis of transition planning, maintaining the existing labs and developing architectural requirements/baselines for lab transitions, moves or new builds. May also support business process improvements or systems analysis for missions, systems, and fiscal requirements.
- Identification, ordering, maintaining, calibrating, and inventorying equipment and supplies
- Assure lab certifications and equipment calibration
- Coordinate lab space usage, create and maintain lab drawings
- Coordinate lab expansion/construction efforts
- Support lab personnel access and IT configurations
- Note that lab equipment includes cleanroom equipment, coordinate measurement machines, electronics test devices, compressed gas equipment, vacuum apparatus, optical test equipment, thermal chambers, ESD protection and personnel safety equipment, among others.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 2 years of experience in lab use and management.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Proactive task management and collaborative attitude.
- Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) software and techniques
- Cleanroom management
- Familiarity with cleanroom equipment, coordinate measurement machines, electronics test devices, compressed gas equipment, vacuum apparatus, optical test equipment, laser safety, thermal chambers, ESD protection and personnel safety equipment
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.