The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Communications Manager (CM) to work in Alexandria, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your communications experience in helping to support the United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Alexandria, VA command cadre as part of Leidos’s PMO Infrastructure Managed Services program. As the CM coordinator, you will support complex planning, scheduling, and execution of the multifaceted IMS program that will modernized and advance the USCG’s IT enterprise solutions to over 65,000 end users (EUs). There is limited potential for travel to CONUS and OCONUS USCG locations for short durations in support of stakeholder engagements.
- Possession of a current DoD Secret clearance is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Collaborate with USCG customers to define communications requirements, understanding engineering functional solutions, and develop supporting documentation.
- Assist in developing project plans, schedules, and timelines.
- Track project tasks and action items.
- Develop and present briefings as required.
- Help produce project status reports.
- Assist in OLA documentation, assurance, compliance and coordination.
- Collaborate with engineering team leads to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Attend working groups (WGs), Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) and participate in Integrated Product Team (IPTs).
- Assess staffing requirements and IT deployment delivery times to identify lead times.
- Support all customer engagements including quarterly reviews and all performance debrief activities.
- Coordinate development of project deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Documents, tracks, and provides project lessons learned to all stakeholders.
- Strong Analytical skills, full Microsoft Office Suite, focus on Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS project
- Certification in ITILv4.0 foundations
- 8570 IAT Level I certification
- Knowledge of USCG missions and DODIN security procedures.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.