The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Administrative Assistant to work in Kearneysville, West Virginia. The Administrative Assistant will join our growing USCG IMS team. The positions’ primary function is to assist Leidos PMO staff with performing all administrative functions like managing onboarding, proofreading technical reports, and conveying company news, policy changes, and other information to the entire IMS team. Assist the PMO IMS team to ensure all customer correspondence and requests are in collaboration with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Alexandria, VA command cadre.
- Possession of a current DoD Secret clearance is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- HS diploma and 2+ years of experience;
- Experience as an administrative assistant, office coordinator/manager, technical editor, or logistician.
- Experience reviewing or editing technical documents.
- Perform all administrative functions for a team of 20 engineers.
- Manage initial and ongoing training and badging requirements for the team.
- Guide new hires through onboarding paperwork. Track due dates and schedule team for CAC renewals.
- Format and proof deliverable reports, including Monthly Status Reports, technical reports and briefings.
- Convey company news, policy changes, and any other information employees may require.
- Maintain organization charts, phone lists and emergency contact information.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and follow-through.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field.
- Significant experience proofreading, editing, and formatting technical documents.
- Experience managing GFP.
- Prior DoD experience.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.