The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos’s Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Data Analyst/DBA to work in Kearneysville, West Virginia. The DBA will join our growing USCG IMS team. The DBA position requires strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support the complex IT modernization and consolidation program under the USCG Tech Revolution initiatives. In this position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real-time systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong system administration background and excellent communication skills and will be well versed in current automation technologies that reduce manual intervention. Limited potential for travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations for short durations in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Alexandria, VA command cadre.
- Possession of a current DoD Secret clearance is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must have at least one of the following DoD approved baselines for IAM I certification; CAP, CND, Cloud+, GSLC, Security+ CE, HCISPP
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- The DBAs are responsible for SQL databases located in our AWS Public Cloud/ on-prem instance and for database builds and configurations for installations to be fielded.
- Work with testing and Help Desk teams to conduct testing of installed systems to ensure proper operation.
- Perform remedial maintenance and troubleshooting to bring inoperative systems back to an operational state.
- Provide advice and support to developers and testers.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Support the standards, policies, and procedures of the DBA team.
- Collaborate with other DBAs and Infrastructure team members to develop automation scripts for managing databases and data in various environments.
- Perform the integration of system and software as required.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior DoD experience working on DODIN circuits
- Certification in ITILv4.0 foundations
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.