Leidos is seeking a Signals Software Engineer to support a Leidos Prime Program in the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems. The Senior Signals SWE will develop, maintain and enhance signal processing software (e.g. detectors, demodulators, protocol processors). Will work individually or as part of a team. Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolve software problem reports. Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Describe various signal processing techniques
- Identify various digital modulation techniques
- Write software using C++, Java
- Functional understanding of the Linux Operating System
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop/implement algorithms to meet system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write/review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions, confer with users or system engineers
- Analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes
- Investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Use signal processing algorithms to convert a signals
- Design signal processing software based on sparse documentation
- Identify the source of problems in an a RF processing system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited College or University is required
- At least fourteen (14) years’ experience as a SSWE or equivalent on a project with a focus on Radio Frequency (RF) to include experience with Fourier transforms, filtering, communications theory, digital modulation, error control coding, signals analysis tools (e.g. WVT, DVT), and digital signal processing (e.g. adaptive beamforming/ filtering, demodulation)
- Four (4) years of additional SSWE or equivalent experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.