Leidos, Inc is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to support our ICOFT efforts located in Huntsville, AL. The ICOFT provides realistic institutional training in all areas of the THAAD Enhanced Operator/Maintainer operations and maintenance tasks for the THAAD Fire Control and Communication (TFCC), Radar, and Launcher components
- Maintain multiple documents from draft stage to delivery to customer
- Contribute to deliverable and non-deliverable project documentation
- Adhere to style guide materials and ensure all documentation maintains one ‘voice’
- Attend daily scrum activities
- Attend sprint planning, review, and demo activities
- Attend various meetings and record minutes
- Organize files of recorded minutes in shared locations
- Maintain organized records and revisions of documentation
- Organize, schedule, and conduct peer reviews of documentation in both internal and customer-based settings
- Assist other technical writers with other duties as requested, directed, or assigned by team lead
- Must have an Interim Secret to start with, and the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance; US Citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s degree and (2)+ two years related experience; 4 years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree
- Experience with document revisions and version control
- Familiar with documentation peer review process
- Experience receiving, maintaining, approving, submitting, and distributing a wide range of technical documents
- Experience editing, standardizing, or making changes to material prepared by other team members or Government personnel
- Experience with Microsoft Word and editing tools
- Familiarity with JIRA and Dimensions
- Knowledge of Agile structure
- Understanding of software development tools
- Understanding of modern software design and methodologies (design patterns, development lifecycle, etc.)
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Ability to handle several projects at once with minimal supervision
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.