Leidos is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer / Technical lead to provide leadership and elevate team skills and experiences supporting Army Aerial Sensor Systems software capabilities and interfaces.
We are seeking a self-starter that likes taking on challenges and applying their passion and domain expertise to the job. This position is located in the area of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. Candidates must hold an active Top Secret security clearance for consideration.
The successful candidate will have the technical expertise to provide technical support for Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) and Post Production Software Support (PPSS), including resolution of Software Change Requests (SCRs) and Software Problem Reports (SPRs), operation/maintenance of Development Software Support Environments (DSSE), Certification and Accreditation/Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities, and familiarity with Agile and DevOps development approaches.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise for concept designs, development, test, deployment, and sustainment;
- Provide technical leadership in the IEW&S field of systems to support technical planning, integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness for total software systems;
- Manage and control schedules and cost to provide on time, within budget, performance of all aspects of the contractual effort;
- Provide direction for operations and ensure compliance with all management policies, plans, and procedures;
- Provide recommendations for resolution of technical problems;
- Provide technical oversight to assigned program personnel, both Leidos and subcontractors, ensuring the highest quality of task completion and deliverables in accordance with the contract.
- Must at all times be a role model to subordinate employees, be a workforce motivator, and be a provider of constructive criticism.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, and 12 plus years of experience working on computer systems engineering and/or software development with functional experience managing and controlling cost, schedule, and performance of at least one major Army C4ISR project or program. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in Army C4ISR systems.
- Have knowledge and experience with DoD/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of software and computer resources for Army systems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% to support operational requirements.
- Must possess an active DOD Top Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Experience with the IEW&S portfolio of Sensor Systems and associated platforms.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS), Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) and Transition to Sustainment (T2S) processes.
- DAWIA Level 2 certification in engineering is highly desired as is a recognized industry equivalent professional certification.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.