We are looking for a Junior Web Developer!
The Leidos Civil team in Rockville, MD in support of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solutions, where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while maintaining the NRC's numerous Internet, Intranet and public (external) web sites consisting of multiple offices’ content. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate will be a member small web development team providing development support from designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to the customer specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. The candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The candidate must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management.
Under the direction of the Web Support Task Order Lead, Product Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications.
- Coordinate and administer content changes to web sites from staff members.
- Format and layout provided material (e.g. graphics, text, video, headings, pullouts, links, instructions or other applicable navigation or organizational aids) in accordance with existing NRC standards for the NRC external and internal web sites.
- Work with a team of UI/UX designers and developers to create a seamless user experience.
- Ensures sites maintain optimum performance and security; works with systems administrator to ensure consistent uptime.
- Performing various quality control activities and documentation procedure updates.
- Validate deliverables are Section 508 compliant using customer-established code and customer-approved best practices.
- Responsible for strict following of customer-provided web standards.
- Support NRC web sites with content updates and artwork as needed.
- Support NRC Office of Public Affairs (OPA) with press releases until 4:30 pm -- which is high-priority task.
- Multitasking skill to coordinate requests from various NRC offices and attention to detail needed for related labor charging and timekeeping.
- Ability to listen/follow directions and retain training provided.
You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools. This job is for you, if you have an interest in joining a dynamic and respected team of individuals who provide unmatched support to our clients.
Please note: This position is 100% remote opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver skills.
- Experience with Kentico software web content management system for building feature-rich business websites.
- Understanding of/ability to use Microsoft Visual SourceSafe (VSS) for file and version control.
- Ability to be a self-starter, pay strict attention to detail, and multitask across multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- A natural problem solver.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with section 508/Accessible website development is a plus.
- Excellent communications, organizational, and reporting skills.
- Must be able to obtain an NRC Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start (may take anywhere between 1-3 months).
- Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship OR U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Experience with Drupal website development is a plus.
- Experience with Government.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.