Next stop – Leidos. Leidos is working with our NOAA customer to transform their Security Operations Center into an industry leading organization. As a part of a multi-year initiative, we are modernizing our IT infrastructure, implementing industry-leading cyber technologies, and transforming how analysts think and handle threats. Here, you will put your cyber security prowess in action and provide senior-level subject matter expertise as an Application Security Analyst. This person will work across teams and departments to identify security vulnerabilities, analyze/verify those vulnerabilities, and work with the appropriate software engineering team to remediate the vulnerability. Your experience, knowledge, and understanding of standards and tools like: OWASP, Threat Modeling, GitHub repo scanning, and many more will build the foundation for a safe and secure software practice. You will provide direction and management of cyber initiatives. Join our team in Fairmont, WV or Boulder CO and watch your career grow with Leidos.
- Provide technical direction and mentor junior and mid-level employees
- Act as the go-to person for technical recommendation
- Set and enforce the standard for effective cyber operations
- Respond to cyber incidents through detection, investigation, analysis, remediation, and reporting of cybersecurity incidents
- Perform code reviews using Static and dynamic code scanning tool sets across a variety of programming languages and business units.
- Establish secure coding standards and help business units adhere to them.
- Support core hours but also 24x7 shifts when coverage is needed in rare situations.
- Developing test scripts and procedures to support the program’s tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Assist and ensure secure coding best practices are being applied and enforced.
- 3-5 years of programming or application security experience.
- Proficiency in 3 or more programming languages.
- Familiarity in analyzing network packets, SIEM alerts, and server and application logs to investigate incidents for anomalous/malicious activities.
- Proficient in OWASP vulnerabilities and remediations.
- Have one of the following certifications: GWEB, GWAPT, Additional certifications at or above the level of this listing may also be accepted.
- Experience performing code reviews.
- Experience in or strong understanding of software development / writing coding.
- Experience with web application vulnerability scanning tools.
- Experience working with malware and applying reverse engineering techniques.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science with 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience, or related work experience.
- Experience tracking incidents against a framework such as MITRE ATT&CK or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented.
- Can-do attitude with a strong sense of ownership.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Minimum fully adjudicated Secret and Interim Top Secret clearance.
- Fairmont, WV
- Boulder, CO
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.