Summary: Performs planning, and financial analytic activities for sales operations for the SD&A (Security Detection & Automation) Aviation business unit. Management and reporting of awards, submits, opportunities and pipeline and support in revenue forecasting, sales productivity and goal attainment. Maintains and enhances Salesforce data for opportunities and awards across the Global Aviation teams.
This role will be based from either the Reston or Tewksbury with occasional travel required. Primary Responsibilities include:
• Reports to Senior Sales Operations Manager, from within the BD Organization of the Security Detection & Automation (SDA) business unit. Collaborates with regional Global BD teams and sales directors for; North America, LATAM, EMEAI and APAC to effectively manage and maintain the sales pipeline, awards and submits
• Provide Sales Ops leadership and operational support for the SDA – Aviation business unit and their region and market segments. This includes financial reporting, short term orders forecasting support to finance with internal sales process
• Ensures awards and submits are accurate via regular scheduled reporting structure
• Supports Aviation sales inventory operation planning (SIOP) in support with the overall business strategy and build plans
• Provides assistance with reporting and data transfer via the sales operations procedure via Microsoft Dynamics (WinIT), contracts database, Costpoint and Salesforce
• Serve as the connection between the sales and operations organizations to ensure market demands are translated into manufacturing and financial plans
• Strives for industry standards of excellence by promoting consistent processes to improve the customer experience and internal procedures Required Competencies include:
• Ability to build trust, value others, communicate effectively in a matrixed organization, drive execution, focus on internal process to support external customer engagement, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
• Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
• Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
• Expected to effectively represent the company to its customers and lead and communicate with a wide range of internal positions. These responsibilities involve the commitment of 1750 Presidents St. / Reston, VA 20190 / 571.526.6000 leidos.com company assets and efforts and where decisions on policy and approach may have a considerable impact on the organization’s reputation, costs, profits, sales and future business opportunities.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication proficiency
• Ability to make decisions and support upper management
• Problem solving skills and ability to navigate a matrix organization
Qualifications and Experience:
• Requires minimal experience in technical environment, business operations
• Excellent written/oral communication skills with ability to present information to all levels
• Advanced Skills in MS Dynamics and/or SalesForce knowledge preferable
• Advanced level of MS Excel Skills (pivot tables, V-Lookups, Macros, etc.)
• Ability to drive change and continuous improvement in processes
Leidos has more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. You can see the full portfolio at Leidos.com/security-detection. In addition, we now have access to Leidos’ core technical strengths, and robust research and development initiatives, Leidos can help you address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions.
Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent years of experience.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.