The Modeling, Simulation and Training (MS&T) Division is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant who is an excellent communicator, self-starter and has the ability to manage multiple tasks. In this role, you will be responsible for providing administration support to the MS&T Vice President / Division Manager and staff, located in Orlando, FL. Seeking an experienced Executive-level Administrative Assistant with demonstrated expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities, in a fast-paced environment, all while ensuring the success of the Division.
- Provide critical support to Executive and Senior Management Staff, ensuring high level of proactive communication and strategy.
- Utilize a variety of management information systems/business information systems in support of employees and management (e.g., travel requests, purchasing requests, etc.)
- Be called upon to support any number of support tasks and office management functions so must readily adapt to new challenges with a positive, can-do attitude
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers in writing, on the phone, and in person
- Maintain, manage, and resolve conflicts on multiple heavy calendars with ability to problem solve and adjust schedules based on priorities
- Schedule internal and external meetings, conferences, town halls (prepare presentations, determine meeting logistics, order food, reserve conference rooms, escort visitors, and secure A/V assistance)
- Support recruitment and hiring by scheduling and supporting candidate interviews, post-interview follow-up, candidate tracking, and new employee orientation and on-boarding
- Interact with executives’ constituents to develop relationships at all levels in order to facilitate communications and schedules
- Prepare detailed travel arrangements, ensuring details are reflected on the calendar; assemble itineraries/logistics, tracking travel to assist with any changes that occur in route; quickly respond to changing priorities; and research travel options to promote savings opportunities
- Prepare expense reports and, assist with charge codes and company policies
- Handle confidential business matters and maintain smooth operation of office when the executive is unavailable
- Compile and consolidate data from various sources into meaningful documents/reports that will be utilized by key Operation decision makers
- Assist other Operation management staff with administrative tasks, including drafting and editing of letters and correspondence, scanning documents, coordinating travel arrangements, creating and printing business cards, and shipping materials
- High School education combined with 5+ years of experience (degree preferred)
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant, office coordinator/ manager, event coordinator or receptionist support for Executive and/or C-Suite staff supporting a Government Contractor.
- Must have excellent calendar management skills including the ability to coordinate complex meetings. Must have a mastery of Microsoft Outlook
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel)
- Familiar with MS SharePoint, Share Point, Power BI and be able to create presentations as well as combine existing presentations for meetings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing correspondence, briefings, and plans for senior and executive managers
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis
- Must possess an upbeat, positive, outgoing, and personable demeanor with an ability to interact and work well with both external and internal contacts at all levels, including Executive
- Knowledge of the Leidos organization, policies, and procedures, Group, and Operation/Division
- Experience with Corporate systems such as: Concur Travel and Expense system, collaboration sites (SharePoint), financial/procurement systems
- Ability to work outside of the core schedule as needed, periodically to assist with special projects
Key Skills for Success in this role:
- A proven record of excellent quality performance with a positive take-charge presence
- Proven ability to make independent and effective decisions that solve problems and meet deadlines with limited time and information
- A high level of professionalism with an ability to remain calm under pressure, juggle multiple responsibilities and priorities, and protect confidentiality of sensitive information while supporting executives
- Be a dedicated and enthusiastic individual and have a strong desire to handle new challenges
- An ability to maintain a flexible outlook and schedule with the willingness to accept additional assignments as needed
- The ability to work with diverse personalities and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of contacts, including other executive assistants
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.