No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- NESC expertise
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Time management and organizational skills
We are seeking a qualified SCADA Engineer who will be responsible for:
- Designing SCADA displays utilizing GE E-Terra software
- Demonstrate Proficiency in:
- Taking ownership of projects
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Apply standard engineering techniques and procedures
- Flexibility and desire to meet client needs
- Commitment to Schedule
- Meeting and exceeding client satisfaction goals
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Works to achieve day-to-day objectives and is able to meet project requirements and client expectations on a weekly basis.
- Works with data developed by other analysts, designers, engineers, and other staff and integrates it into client SCADA systems.
- Can work independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments.
- May assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments.
- Addresses complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues.
- Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge, but are typically limited in complexity.
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other technical resources, etc.).
- Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
- Requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain.
Bachelor's degree Engineer and 2+ years relevant experience.
Required to have experience with GE E-Terra software and requires no additional training to begin work immediately with our client
Working as an engineering consultant to a utility or working directly for a utility is a plus
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.