Leidos' Cybersecurity Architecture and Engineering (CAE) has an immediate need for a Cybersecurity Architect. Office locations in Reston-VA, Orlando-FL, or Gaithersburg-MD are preferred, but full-time teleworking options are available for a highly qualified candidate.
A Cybersecurity Architect is a senior technical leadership position within Leidos. The role will support the design, development, deployment processes of perimeter, endpoint, cloud, and mobile security initiatives. The role requires solid foundations in architecture fundamentals such as Systems Engineering, ITIL or TOGAF processes, and DFARS/NIST 800-171 regulatory compliance. The candidate’s primary responsibilities include designing cybersecurity into all Leidos Corporate Information Technology projects and programs through requirements generation and validating environment architectures.
- Provide technical and functional leadership within CAE and act as a technical subject matter expert with a small team of direct reports.
- Work with fellow architects and engineers within CAE to evaluate corporate programs and projects for architecture security gaps, security best practices, and ensure regulatory controls are technically enforced. Create cybersecurity designs that meet those requirements to defend Leidos environments globally.
- Work with Platform Security Engineering and Operations, Leidos Enterprise Applications, and Leidos Architecture and Engineering to ensure technical cybersecurity requirements are defined and met.
- Be a subject matter expert in popular cybersecurity supplier and open source capabilities to stay ahead of adversaries in cyberspace.
- Develop cybersecurity infrastructure technical roadmaps to drive continuous cyber transformation and improvements in Leidos’ overall defense posture.
- Be a driving force in infrastructure transitions steaming from the creation of CMMC 2.0 guidelines
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of experience in Information Security with a real passion for the field. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will qualify in lieu of a degree
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance and therefor have US citizenship. Individuals do not need to possess a clearance today.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of extensive cybersecurity experience in multiple CISSP security domains (Endpoint, Network, IaaS, Mobile).
- Experience assessing architectures for regulatory compliance and integrating those environments into an enterprise.
- Experience and comfort in taking strategic intents and driving technical organizational change
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of security products and ability to conduct analysis of alternatives to onboard new enterprise capabilities.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate information security and risk-related concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate poise and creativity while working with other architects in different domain spaces to come to a common solution.
- Knowledge of NIST 800-171
All of the below are not requirements, but would bring significant value to the team:
- Information security experience with DoD and/or Intelligence Community as an employee or contractor.
- Experience in IAM
- Experience in popular cloud suppliers such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Designing/creating architectures for projects or programs with enterprise impact.
- Previous experience managing and leading a technical team. The ability to lead, influence, and guide others is essential.
- Ability and experience briefing senior level leaders
- Preferred knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST, CMMC, and an understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.