Leidos is seeking a candidate to serve as the NASA NEST Release and Deployment manager. The candidate will work with the NASA customer and other NEST Team members to help create the ITIL-based release and deployment management plans for the critical NEST deliveries. The candidate will play an instrumental role in creating the release ad deployment approach for NEST. The candidate will work with NASA and NEST team members to validate the inter-dependencies of the various deployments plans. This position will give the candidate exposure to the inner workings of the NASA environment through the tracking of the key deployments used to support that environment.
• Serve as the NEST Release and Deployment manager.
• Work with NEST management to create the NEST deployment processes.
• Partner with NEST project planners to implement the NEST release and deployment processes.
• The candidate will leverage their very good knowledge of IT enterprise infrastructure and application dependencies to validate the release processes.
• The candidate will work across various NASA , other contractors, and the NEST teams to gather the information required to construct comprehensive plans.
• Plan, schedule, and control the build, test, and deployment of releases
• Deliver new functionality required while protecting the integrity of existing services
• Record and manage deviations, risks, and issues related to the new or changed service and take necessary corrective action
• Ensure knowledge transfer to enable customers and users to optimize use of services that support business activities
• Collaborate with the Communications team to prepare written announcements for end user awareness of updated software availabilities
• Present development and implementation plans for approval by leadership
• Implement software and operating system changes for Windows, Mac and RedHat through SCCM, JAMF and Satellite
• Expedite subscription based software management requirements through the development of process improvements and custom tool design
• Review, compile and submit monthly KPIs for all contractual SLAs related to engineering
• Provide expertise and support in project driven improvements across the enterprise
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 4 years' experience or equivalent years of experience.
• Experience with ServiceNow or Remedy is required. ServiceNow knowledge is preferred.
• ITIL v3 certification required.
• Demonstrated experience in creating plans in MS project (or other project planning tools).
• Knowledge of IT Enterpise solutions and architectires to help support the generation of release and deploymemnt plans.
• Good knowledge of client-server architectures and data center components - Windows/Linux servers/desktop and macOS.
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills - required to reach across NASA to create relationships to gather required planning information.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.