The Space Sensors Branch within the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Space Payload Program Manager to work in our San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience managing the design, build and test OPIR payloads where Leidos is transforming the payload solutions for the future. As a LInC Space Payload Program Manager (PM), you’ll directly support the Division by leading a talented team through an aggressive schedule to achieve program objectives, including frequent customer interface. Additional responsibilities may include the opportunity to serve as a supervisor.
The PM manages day-to-day operations and execution of the contract, subcontract, finance, security, staffing, and procurement. The PM will monitor and manage program performance, risk, cost and schedule; quality review and submission of all deliverables; and preparation of contract modification proposals (technical and cost). The ideal candidate will possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, be a strong team player, and the ability to establish solid working relationships with technical staff members and peers within the division as well as our external Government customers. The PM can articulate the technical challenges to executive leadership and works closely with the engineering team to identify and understand technical risk, the ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken to mitigate the risks.
Experience in electro-optical space-based payload hardware/software fabrication is required; vehicle/platform system integration; and/or test and evaluation is a plus. Demonstrated experience on a program from ATP through successfully launching a vehicle into orbit is a must. Experience managing a Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contract is also required.
- Execute all facets of program management for your contracts (i.e., cost, schedule, reporting, engagement etc.)
- Earned Value Management and presenting at program status reviews
- Ensure program is properly staffed to execute scope of work on time and within budget
- Establish and maintain program business Rhythm
- Works closely with subcontract program manager to ensure on-time delivery from the vendors
- Oversees Development, Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test of the payload and uses key metrics to ensure the program is on track to promised delivery date
- Potentially provide Supervisory assistance
- Success is highly dependent upon the level and proficiency of communication/writing skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 13+ years prior relevant experience
- Active Secret security clearance or higher
- Experience executing PM activities (e.g., cost, schedule, Customer engagement etc., including fixed price contracts)
- Business Development and Capture experience (e.g., Proposal experience)
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Experience in managing space payload programs (R&D, prototype, low volume production.
- The successful candidate should be a creative problem solver and demonstrate a broad ranging technical management and team development experience encompassing:
- Electro-optical multispectral and hyperspectral imaging sensors for ground, airborne and space applications
- Visible and infrared focal plane array and photo-detector technology
- Process and system development
- Failure and reliability engineering
- Risk analysis and management
- Masters with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience or Bachelor’s with 20 years of prior relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Experience translating functional requirements into tasks
- Supervisory experience
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.