Join a team committed to a Mission!..
Leidos Europe, part of Team Leidos, are looking for an experienced Programme Manager to join their IS team. You will be based in the Leidos Europe Head Office at Bristol.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
You will be managing the delivery of challenging and interesting projects in the Information Systems (IS) function to realise significant benefits for our Customer. You will have a strong background in IT project and programme delivery with fantastic stakeholder management skills and a broad range of experience to enable you thrive on this challenging programme. We deliver within a blended agile and waterfall framework, albeit always striving to deliver in an increasingly incremental and iterative way.
- Work with senior leadership and IS Heads of Department to deliver solutions and ensure smooth execution of projects in line with Leidos’ goals and priorities
- Creating and managing project plans, communications plan, setting and achieving key milestones
- Define project schedules, allocate resources and monitor progress.
- Coordinate internal resources and LCST third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, working closely with counterparts and colleagues both within Leidos and across our Team Leidos delivery partners
- Engaging and reporting into the Customer
- Matrix management of subject matter experts, business process owners and third party suppliers and vendors
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Escalate issues appropriately, using sound judgement to identify what is important or time critical
What Sets You Apart:
- Likely have substantial experience as an IS Project Manager, with a computer science or engineering related degree
- Have knowledge of both on premise and cloud-hosting solution delivery platforms and migration to cloud-hosting
- Ideally have experience working within Defence and/or Supply Chain and Logistics
- Have experience of delivering enterprise level IT solutions
- Have extensive experience working in agile and waterfall delivery frameworks
- Have excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, written and verbal, both to technical and non-technical audiences
- Be able to demonstrate solid organisational skills including attention to detail and self-organisation
- Have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project and, ideally, MS Visio.
- Ideally have PMP / PRINCE II / Agile certification
- Be able to obtain and maintain a UK Security Clearance – this is a mandatory condition for passing your probation
- Have a demonstrable knowledge of different project management methodologies and toolsets
- Have experience of working in a large multi-national / multi divisional company
- Be able to gain trust with stakeholders and demonstrate capability to work both independently and/or as part of a larger physical or virtual team
- Accountable to the IS Director for ensuring projects stay-on-track and where there are slippages, for proposing the necessary corrective actions needed.
- Clear and succinct weekly reporting of status and progress.
- Be an agent for change, influencing business transformation across the programme through the delivery of enabling IS technologies.
- Manage risk, propose solutions & options for mitigation and become a trusted advisor.
- Use appropriate techniques to identify and manage changes in project scope, schedule and cost.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.