Job Description (Responsibilities/Duties – Sell Your Position!):
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Project Manager for a program in San Diego, CA.
Our Product development includes tactical mobile development as well as enterprise web application development. The portfolio of products support the Cybersecurity and Information Assurance domains. These systems deploy a variety of technologies and communicate with infrastructure interfaces to bring secure, modern-day Cybersecurity and Cryptographic Key Management solutions to the warfighter.
Leidos is looking to fill a Project Manager role that will support a cybersecurity-related program. In this dynamic role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for providing project management support to a cryptographic key management and information assurance project. The PM will manage the DevOps and Last Mile teams as well as our classified lab spaces and our IT & Infrastructure for our project portfolio.
The successful candidate will bring significant experience to plan, coordinate and manage all functions and activities necessary to execute the project to meet customer requirements. Objectives of this position also include establishing and executing to a strategic vision to support evolving customer requirements while meeting internal financial objectives. This person will maintain the efficiency of important aspects of the project management process such as planning, budget, and risk assessment. The ideal candidate is required to have excellent project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing medium to large-scale projects from vision to implementation involving internal staff, government personnel and subcontractors.
The PM will monitor and manage project performance, risk, cost and schedule; quality review and submission of all deliverables. The selected candidate will need to possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills, be a strong team player, and have the ability to establish solid working relationships with technical staff members and peers within the division as well as our external Government customers.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Plan, coordinate and manage projects.
- Integrate all functions and activities necessary to perform the project/program to meet our customer requirements.
- Direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
- Provide strong, proactive and assertive leadership skills that engage multidiscipline work teams to respond to business needs for assigned projects.
- Makes decisions at the project team level and properly escalate those decisions that cannot be resolved on a timely basis.
- Coordinates with cross-functional project stakeholders to develop project scope, objectives, goals, and deliverables.
- Ensures that requirements are gathered, documented, reviewed and approved per organizational/PMO standards.
- Manage the implementation of the technical requirements.
- Establish and provide high-quality, informative written and verbal project communications, including weekly status, dashboards and project updates.
- Actively monitor, track and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of established milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables.
- Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then work 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday)
- Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.
Requirements (Education /Years of Experience/Skill Sets – both technical & soft skill):
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering, or a related field and at least 10+ years of related experience or a Master’s Degree and at least 8+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Eight (8+) years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting.
- Six (6) years of experience managing projects and contractor teams executed under DoD-sponsored Task Order Contracts.
- Experience with engineering program and project management activities including reading engineering drawings, developing requirements, coordinating subcontracts and subcontractors, scheduling, project execution and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills for communicating with customers; strong problem solving and people skills for collaborating with the team.
- Must possess an active Secret clearance to be considered and eligible to obtain up to a TS/SCI clearance in the future.
- Experience managing large and complex government contracts.
- PMP Certified
- Master’s Degree in a relevant technical or management field or interest in obtaining one.
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.