Leidos’s Corporate Controller Group is seeking a SOX Compliance Manager to join our team of financial professionals. In this role, you will be responsible for advising on complex financial reporting, accounting, and regulatory compliance issues. You will be responsible for preparing and/or reviewing SOX narratives, process flow charts and design of controls, including walk-throughs. You will work with process and control owners to assess control deficiencies considering consistency and aggregation across Leidos, and ensure deficiencies are satisfactorily remediated in a timely manner. You will assist with the SOX integration for acquired entities, as applicable. You will assist in the management of our enterprise internal control environment, including performing and maintaining annual top-down risk assessments. This SOX Compliance Manager may review work performed by other members of the team.
- Lead and/or participate in Sarbanes-Oxley Reviews, investigations and other operational / compliance.
- Identify key Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) risks and mitigation strategies.
- Evaluate processes and controls and draft management comments and recommendations. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Design controls for new/changes to business processes, systems, and accounting pronouncements. Evaluate control evidence for sufficiency, completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare/update and/or review SOX process flow charts and narratives.
- Evaluate control deficiencies and track remediation to completion. Assist management in creating remediation action plans.
- Perform special projects related to department administration, financial analysis, policies and procedures, accounting thresholds, etc.
- Use time wisely by prioritizing tasks according to risk and demonstrates ability to manage time, should be able to both work independently, and facilitate a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and minimum of 8 years of relevant experience including at least 2 years’ experience with a public accounting firm.
- CPA with an active license in good standing.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are also required to allow the candidate to effectively interact with various levels of management and members of Leidos’ operating organizations.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset, and possesses assessment and process-oriented background with ability to adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with financial statement audits a plus
- Experience auditing large government contracting corporations a plus.
- Experience Deltek CostPoint, Workday, and data analytics software such as IDEA or ACL would be considered pluses.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.