Leidos currently has an opening for a Help Desk Specialist to work in our Edgewood, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support an End User Customer Support program.
In this mission we provide Tier 1 Help Desk Support. All support is provided via phone, and the help desk specialist will troubleshoot access issues such as password resets and VPN. The help desk specialist will be responsible for logging all calls in the ticketing system and escalating issues to the next level when needed.
- Works to achieve day to day objectives consisting of tasks that are typically routine, with some deviation from standard practice. Works under moderate supervision for routine tasks.
- Resolves routine problems and issues, with clearly prescribed solutions. Checks and makes minor adjustments to work methods to solve problems.
- Communicates with colleagues within own project/ work area to obtain or provide information requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Has substantial understanding of job requirements and overall function.
- Receive, manage and respond to Help Desk calls supporting the current contract
- Provides Help/Service Desk support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves problems.
- Ability to diagnose data communications problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Coordinates cross-tier integration to ensure consistent and repeatable processes.
- Enter Help Desk tickets accurately and grammatically correct in Help Desk tools
- Helps drive decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations' effective achievement of objectives.
- Develop, support and establish company guides for the servicing and repairs of contract equipment.
- Relies on instructions, pre-established guidelines and experience to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to document accurate customer details.
- Ability to research and/or contact sources for information to respond to customer needs.
- Ability to learn customer support essentials to provide Tier 1 level support to customers.
- Ability to provide timely Tier 1 customer support.
- Demonstrate consistent active listening skills
- Escalate more complex issues
- Generate reports from the Help Desk tools
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 1+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Proven active listening skills that enables the ability to understand the customer interests and requests.
- Working knowledge of Remedy and RemedyForce
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.