Leidos is offering a remote AI/ML Summer 2022 Internship out of our Arlington, VA office (virtual).
This position is for an intern that is motivated to learn quickly. The candidate should be familiar with Python and have significant experience with numpy, pandas, matplotlib, Scikit Learn, Keras, Tensorflow and/or Pytorch.
The candidate must be intellectually adaptive, inquisitive, good at expressing their needs, and self-managed when necessary. Selected candidates with work alongside junior and senior software/system engineers and research/data scientists with expertise in multi-modal information retrieval, UI development, computer vision, metrics, information science, artificial intelligence, and autonomous systems. The applied nature of this research will ensure the hard work of the AI/ML Summer Resident will have impacts across the entire Leidos community and the mission critical applications they serve.
- Create AI/ML prototypes for use cases requiring identifying entity/objects, determining object association, object disambiguation, anomaly detection, state estimations, etc.
- Develop and maintain data models (both physical and logical)
- Perform extraction, transform, and load (ETL) tasks related to the different modalities and algorithms being applied. This data ETL includes identifying the data’s relevant metadata to ensure consistency, quality, accuracy, integrity, and information assurance and security.
- Conduct anomaly detection using various AI/ML techniques
- Use algorithms to identify complex patterns across multiple modalities
- Increase the efficiency and quality data alignment and fusion
- Enhance and maintain analysis tools, including automation of current processes using AI/ML algorithms
- Direct quantitative data analysis including developing retrieval, processing, fusion, analysis, and visualization of various datasets
- Configure and program prototypes Jupyter notebooks with ML solutions
- Setup and use AWS instances to train and operate AI/ML models
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance with polygraph
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Practical experience with deep learning model creation/deployment
- Intermediate software development skills including developing and maintaining code bases
- Hands-on Software Development Skills (Python-Preferred)
- Experience or educational courses/projects in Machine Learning
- Hands-on experience with prototype development
- Hands-on experience with automating data cleansing, formatting, staging, and transformation
- Hands-on experience reading and replicating code/ideas from published academic papers
- Hands-on experience applying data analytics
- Hands-on experience with intelligent systems and machine learning
- Experience with interpretability of deep learning models
- Experience in deep learning approaches to computer vision and/or natural language processing
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.