The Leidos NISC IV program is looking for a computer software front end engineer to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple mission critical IT projects from new development to sustainment.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following requirements:
- Required to have four (4) years of experience in front end software development.
- Proven experience ensuring compliance with Section 508 standards from the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Design and produce web-based user interfaces that drive backend servers using RESTful APIs
- Produce automated functional tests for web-based user interfaces using Jasmine and Karma
- Implement front end solutions that utilize angular state management technologies such as RxJS, Akita, NGXS, or NGRX.
- Implement responsive web design principles which renders well across multiple devices.
- Train other team members on Angular and other front end technologies and provide guidance as needed
- Proactively identify issues and bugs and provide solutions to mitigate and resolve these issues
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Maintain code quality and document all required artifacts
- Perform audits at the end of each software development project lifecycle
- Implement software development best practices and follow standard design templates at FAA.
- Build reusable code for future use to be shared across the applications
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar area and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- 2+ years’ experience with Angular technology
- Proven experience ensuring compliance with Section 508 standards from Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Strong experience interfacing front ends with Web Services like REST or SOAP.
- Proven experience implementing cross browser web application using the latest front-end technologies
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Solid understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies. Experience providing rough order of magnitude cost estimates for proposed solutions.
- Experienced with implementing and using configuration management for multi-environment IT applications
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
- Experience working with clients to develop the overall look and feel of a website.
- Experience testing angular code with Jasmine, Karma, and Postman
- Experience with Angular UI component frameworks like PrimeNG and Angular Material
- Familiarity with Source code management and integration (ex – Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins)
- Experience with angular state management technologies such as RxJS, Akita, NGXS, or NGRX
- Experience with AWS cloud technology
- Experience of CSS grid layout and/or CSS frameworks like Bootstrap or Materialize
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
- Familiarity with FAA configuration management and transitioning systems to operations including change control board, Application Data Center (ADC), Enterprise Data Center (EDC) and MKS tickets.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.