Chief Engineer for a computer-aided knowledge modeling system intended for transferring tradecraft analyst-to-analyst and for automatically hypothesizing future adversary events. The system will used by intelligence analysts to capture, share and grow their knowledge about adversary activities. The system will include the capability to automatically create rudimentary knowledge models based on prior data as well as a user-friendly and intuitive knowledge modeling user interface / environment for augmenting and expanding these knowledge models. The system will ultimately grow into one that will implement advanced analytics / algorithms to make recommendations to analysts and anticipate future adversary activities based on information contained within the knowledge models and relevant information that is continually updated by adjacent connected systems.
Mission enablement of this data in a performant, secure, cost-effective, and open manner will be the mantra; multiple release trains in a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) methodology will be the drumbeat of the program; and technical innovation will set the pace for the future.
The Chief Engineer provides leadership on the program to initiate, plan, coordinate, and execute engineering activities. The Chief Engineer is responsible for all technical performance and will serve as the primary point of contact within the Contractor PMO for all technical matters and issues. The Chief Engineer will be oversee both a human-centered design (HCD) team that will ensure the system we develop includes end-users / analysts in the process, as well as a rapid prototyping team that will build pre-production prototypes to be validated with end-users before these features are moved into production and operational deployment.
As a leader within the organization, you will be expected to collaborate and coordinate with a geographically distributed team while working independently to implement the vision. Setting vision for software prototypes, leading development teams, Customer Engagements, human centered design teams, inter-project TEMs, board meetings, and RFC responses will occupy the majority of your time. You’ll be expected to learn and apply new technologies in an expedient fashion while taking an active role in shaping the direction of the organization and the solutions. Your immediate mainstays will be Cloud Architecture, Project Management, team leadership, and setting the vision for the projects. Solutions in Image Processing, and Web Services in a scalable, reliable, distributed, and performant environment. Primarily, a successful candidate must be comfortable with being technically challenged on an ongoing basis.
- Provide Leadership to a dynamic program with multiple scrum teams and dozens of developers, engineers, and testers.
- Provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, operations and sustainment that enhances overall system performance and availability
- Lead the research, analysis, and solution design and implementation for the program
- Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to the operation
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration advice on complex matters and subject matter expertise for effective implementation.
- Lead up responses to customer issued RFCs, to include the technical solution and schedule/cost estimates
- Accel as the primary customer interface and representative for all technical items relating to the program.
- Chair the Engineering Review Board
- Chair, lead, and guide the Release Planning Events.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 12 years of experience or Masters plus 10 years in systems engineering management, information technology management or related field.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- (5+ years) Demonstrated success in managing engineering operations within an agile design and development effort
- (10+ years) Demonstrated specialized experience with implementing, engineering, architecting, designing or operating software system capabilities.
- (7+ years) Experience working with customers and systems in the Defense and/or Intelligence Community.
- (7+ years) Distributed Development / Architecture experience.
- (7+ years) Schedule and Cost Estimation experience for Software Development projects
- (5+ years) AWS Cloud Experience, utilizing CloudFormation, VPC, EC2 instances, and IAM Security.
- (5+ years) Customer Engagement/Communication
- (1+ years) Understanding of ICD503 processes and requirements
- Prior Personnel Management Experience
- Image Processing / Exploitation Experience
- Data Lake Experience
- Analytic / Knowledge Modelling Experience
- Stream Processing Experience
- Message-Driven Architecture Experience (e.g. Kafka, Storm, Spark, or Kinesis)
- Geospatial Analysis / Production Experience
- Docker Experience
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.